The Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama is seeking applicants for the position of executive director. The CCAA is a statewide organization of more than 120 chambers of commerce, representing more than 60,000 businesses in Alabama.
Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and at least five years experience in chamber or association management, and possess excellent leadership, strategic planning and external communication skills, self-management capability and event-planning experience.
The executive director is responsible for:
- All record-keeping, financial management, membership development and all other administrative duties related to association management.
- Overseeing the organization’s website, newsletter, news releases, and all other means of communication necessary to promote the organization, disseminate information, provide a return on investment to the membership and promote professionalism for Chamber executives and their staffs. For these purposes, the Executive Director must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as be computer-savvy.
- Planning, promotion and management of all CCAA-sponsored events — in conjunction with the Board of Directors and volunteer leadership — that will provide a return on investment to the membership and promote professionalism for Chamber executives and their staffs.
- Serving as the primary liaison between the CCAA and other business-related and professional development organizations, such as the Business Council of Alabama (BCA), the American Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE), U.S. Chamber and similar statewide Chamber associations across the country.
- Representing CCAA at such meetings and events as deemed appropriate by the CCAA Executive Committee.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume and references to:
Chamber of Commerce Association of Alabama
2 N. Jackson Street, 5th Floor
Montgomery, AL 36104
The deadline to apply is Friday, February 10, 2012.